Welcome to the Brandywine High School Health & Wellness Center
Brandywine High School School-Based Health Center is open!
Brandywine Wellness Center is Open to Students for In-Person or Tele-Health Appointments!
Days: Monday-Friday (7am-3pm, or by appt after 3pm)
Phone Number: 302-477-6750
Call the number above to schedule an appointment, or you can also schedule appointments by communicating with Ms. Stephanie via Schoology (search under “Wellness Center Ms. Stephanie”)
Available Services: We do not charge co-payments for our services!!! There are no out-of-pocket fees for any of our services.
- Physicals for school, sports (DIAA), or well child exams
- Immunizations including Flu shot, Tetanus booster, Meningitis shot and Gardasil
- Medical visits for minor acute illnesses and injuries
- Follow-up asthma visits
- In-office diagnostic screens such as for strep throat and skin infections
- Reproductive Health services including screens and treatment for STIs insertion (requires parent permission if under 18 years of age)
- Birth Control including pills, Depo shot, and Nexplanon insertion (requires parent permission if under 18 years of age)
- Most medications that are prescribed by the healthcare provider can be dispensed from our office (no cost to student)
- Mental Health Services including individual counseling sessions and group sessions
- Nutrition Counseling sessions with a Registered Dietician
A registration form will need to be completed for services. If we have one already on file, it is still good and does not need to be filled out again.
E Registration link: https://redcap.christianacare.org/surveys/?s=9K9FJTCXF9
Call (302) 477-6750 for information and to schedule your appointment.
Quick and easy with our new e-Registration link:
We look forward to serving you!
We provide comprehensive medical, mental health, and nutrition services to our registered students to promote good physical and mental health.
Brandywine High School's Wellness Center is staffed by friendly, caring practioners. The Wellness Center works closely with your primary healthcare provider to care for your child. If you have not yet found a primary healthcare provider, the Center can help you locate one.
Teenagers are part of our population typically underserved in their medical care. They need care that is sensitive to their developmental and emotional needs. Schools are an ideal setting for teens to receive preventive health services. Having on-site health services and education keeps kids in school and improves the student’s ability to concentrate in class. School-Based Health Centers help teens overcome barriers to receiving good health care like lack of transportation, inconvenient appointment times, or worries about cost and confidentiality.
Any student registered at Brandywine High School is eligible to become a member. The BHS Wellness Center follows Federal law that speaks to confidentially of care. However, we encourage students to involve their parents or guardians in their healthcare. Parents and guardians are invited to call with questions or arrange to visit the School-Based Health Center. We now also follow CDC guidelines for safety with regards to additional risks due to COVID-19.