The Delaware Division of Public Health has been active in monitoring efforts to identify cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We want to be proactive in sharing this helpful information with our families and the greater BSD community.
The best precautions to take are the ones we always recommend for avoiding colds and flu:
- stay home if you are sick
- cover nose and mouth while coughing or sneezing, either with a tissue or by sneezing/coughing into your elbow instead of your hand
- wash hands frequently with soap and water
- avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth
- avoid others who are sick
We will continue to work closely with the Division of Public Health. Anyone with concerns should contact their healthcare provider or visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/index.html.
Handwashing technique (CDC video)